Approximately 50% of all business transactions are finalized over a meal.
A business that offers etiquette training to its staff is investing in and developing its most important resource – its people.
Whether your meeting is for a sale, building client relationships, a job or a promotion, your dining etiquette is a visual sign of your professional manner and speaks volumes about your competencies and personal style. Send the right messages by learning easy to remember and easy to use dining rules.
1. Meeting, Greeting and Roles[/list3] Learn your role at a business meal. Are you the guest or the host?
- Greeting essentials
- How to make the perfect introductions that make a lasting impression
- How to avoid the 5 biggest dining mistakes
- Have all your questions answered: What should I order? Should I order a drink? And more.
2. Dining and Making Conversation
40% of all adults have social anxiety, and 75% of them experience anxiety at a meeting with strangers: sitting through a 2 hour business meal can be nerve-wracking but it doesn’t have to be.
- Table settings and eating styles
- Do’s and don’ts of dining
- The pitfalls that kill the sale every time
3. The Lasting Impression
Table manners play an important part in making a favourable impression.
- Who pays the bill? How much should you tip?
- Follow-up: when to call, write or e-mail your thank you
- Be memorable: Tips and strategies for personal branding and presentation